9/30/2015

Oven-Roasted Hokkaido Squash


 Hello everyone! I am finally back and with a new recipe for you. Probably the easiest one in the world. I feel almost embarassed to share it with you, how easy it is. Since it is already fall (which makes me unbeleavebly happy) I decided to make myself a good old squash. Well...the squash was freshly harvested this month from our garden. And now I don't know where I was coming from with that...great....Well, I wanted to say how much I've missed you, even though you don't comment on my posts, I know you are still here people! (Thanks Blogger Statistics)

Let's start with this recipe!


You will need:
1 Hokkaido Squash
2 cloves of olive oil
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of dried thyme
+ seasoning of your choice (rosemary, sage...)




1)
Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a baking paper on your baking tray. This is very important. Your squash will otherwise stick on a tray. And we don't want that.


2)
 Cut the squash in half.



3)
Now it is time to take out all these seeds with a tablespoon.


4)
Cut the squash into wedges.

5)
Move the wedges on prepared tray and drizzle it with olive oil. Add sliced garlic, salt and thyme (or other seasoning of your choice).

6)
Put it in the oven for about 40 minutes. 10 minutes before you take it out of the oven, you can a add a twig of fresh rosemary or leaves of sage.

7)
Let it cool down for a few minutes. When you have your delicious squash on a plate, you can drizzle it again with a tiny bit of olive oil and add salt.



Ta-da!




Love,
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment