3/05/2017

A Letter To Lisbon


Dear Lisbon,

you pretty thing, you stole my heart and soul. I didn't think that there is so much magic in you, but there is. Walking through your streets was like being in a fairy tale land. Beautiful buildings in which I wanna live immediately, parks, where I just wanna sit on the bench and drink coffee...Oh yeah...Coffee...That brings me to another point. I've found the best coffee shop. It's name is "Fábrica Coffee Roasters" and they have everything, I mean EVERYTHING, I need for living. Understand: Cold Brew and Pastel de Nata. (I'm not even mentioning other cakes and many types of specialty coffee.) They also have their own merchandise, did you know? Next time I'm definitely buying one of the tote bags. *BIG FAN* I promise this isn't an ad, I just fell in love with this place, and if anyone is a coffee addict, this is the place to go.

Me and my friends stayed in your streets only for a weekend. I wish we could stay longer, because two days are just not enough. The second day I've also been on that famous tram you have. I know, insane! If you'd told me a year ago, I'd thought you're crazy! I got to see the São Jorge Castle, where the view is stunning (I actually took there the picture above.). As I said earlier, I felt  like in some fairy tale. Tangerine, lemon and olive trees everywhere, Atlantic Ocean in front of you...just try to imagine it for a while and let yourself drift into the world, where is peace and quiet....



After this kind of meditation ended, it was time to let go and move to another place - the Torre de Belém. On the way I was really tempted to buy one (understand definitely more...) Pastel de Nata in my favourite place to get this sweet delight "The World Needs Nata". Luckily the girls stopped me from ruining myself financially and I had to resist. 


We needed to take a bus to the Torre de Belém, because it is far from the castle. The way goes under the 25 de Abril Bridge, which reminds me of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. If you follow me on Instagram, you could see on my Instastories. When we got off the bus, I was mostly excided about the ocean. I was lucky that on the second day of my trip the weather was very nice. Warm and sun was shining...Dreamy... 

By the ocean, there was a lot of food stalls. Yeah, sellers know what people like. And people seemed pretty happy, maybe because of the sun, maybe beause of you know - Portugal. Some of them were jogging, some you could see riding a bike, but most of us were just walking and enjoyng the sunshine, By the way, around the tower is a lot of turists and men selling sunglasses and selfie-sticks. The only annoying thing. 


I can tell you, the best place where to go when you don't want to spend a lot of money on food or you're just broke is "100 Montaditos". Spanish fast food where on Wednesdays and Saturdays have so called "Euromania", which means, most of the stuff coasts only 1€! And I assure you, you wan't find cheaper fast food here than this. So you know by now that this had to be our last stop before going home.

Me and me friends didn't manage to go on the other side of the bridge to see the Cristo Rei statue. But, at least now we know we need to get back to you, Lisbon, as soon as possible.

























Love,
Lucy



5 comments:

  1. Ty fotky jsou nádherné! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pokud se někdy rozhoupeš jet na Island, tak určitě napiš. Se vším ti poradím a zaručuju 100% úspěšnost, že si najdeš práci. Už tam s tím mám celkem zkušenosti, jelikož jsem s tím pomáhala i ségře dvakrát. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Děkuji mnohokrát! Určitě napíšu! :)

      Delete