4/10/2014

Amaranth Pancakes | Recipe


One morning I decided to make myself pancakes, which are healthier than normal ones but still delicious. So I thought I would share these recipe with you guys. I practically made it up all by myself, except the recipe is based on the one Jamie Oliver did on his Youtube channel.

I am so happy with the result. You can still taste the amaranth flour in there while eating *obviously*, however with honey and fruit it is the perfect breakfast!


Ingredients:
(8 - 10 pancakes)
½ mug (0,25 l) plain flour
½ mug (0.25 l) amaranth flour
1 mug (0,25 l) milk (here I am using rice milk)
1 egg
1 apple
1 pinch of salt
¼ baking powder
1 tbsp butter (or vegetable oil, which you prefer) 
Something on the top (honey, fruit, oatmeal....)

Step 1
In the large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients - amaranth and plain flour, salt, baking powder.




Step 2
Now add all the wet ingredients - milk, grated apple, egg. Wisk all the ingrediends together, until you see little bubbles in the mixture.





Step 3
Turn on the cooker. Put a teaspoon of butter on the crepe pan (or normal pan) and wait until the butter is heat up enough. You will recognise that moment if you put a tiny bit of the mixture on the pan and it starts sputter.


Step 4
Now comes the moment when you take your ladle (or just some scoop) and pour the mixture just on the middle of your pan. 


Step 5
When the fringe starts to seem done and you can see little bubbles in that area, it is time to turn over your pancake. If it is golden brown, you are on the right path. Repeat this proces with every pancake you make.


Step 6
Flavour you pancake with whatever you want and like. I doused mine with honey and sprinkled with grapes.


Step 7
Eat your breakfast and be delighted!

Let me know in the comments below if you try out this recipe.

Love life,
          Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment